Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT DOES “NAYA” MEAN?
‘Naya’ is a sacred Sanskrit term for ‘wise’, ‘with purpose’, and ‘meaningful’, which defines the philosophy behind our journeys.
WHAT’S THE STORY BEHIND THE LOGO?
Inspired by traditional kufic calligraphy, our logo interlaces the word “Naya” in three ancient languages: Hiragana, Sanskrit and Arabic. This concept is complemented with the North Star motif that appears in each corner of the logo, and the four cardinal points, which were once the original means of travel. Finally, we believe that travel should be an inward and outward journey, and this idea can also be seen in the design of the logo.
WHY TRAVEL WITH US?
We understand that there are many tour operators to choose from and we are thrilled that you are considering Naya Traveler. Please refer to our “About Us” page to get a better understanding of who we are, what we do and how, and the types of individuals our journeys tend to attract. We are also available to schedule a phone call at a time of your convenience to discuss the value of booking a trip with Naya Traveler.
HOW DO I START PLANNING A TRIP?
You can send us an e-mail at email@example.com with a brief description of your request, or, fill out the form on our “Contact” page. We will then get in touch with you to set up a phone call. This quick chat will allow us to get a better understanding of your interests and travel preferences. Following this, you will receive a custom-made itinerary within 48 hours.
HOW DO I BOOK A TRIP?
A non-refundable 40% deposit is required to book your trip. Full payment (the remaining 60%) is due 60 days before departure. If you’re booking the trip within 60 days of departure, full payment is due to book the trip.
WHAT IF I WANT TO CANCEL?
If you choose to cancel your trip after it is booked with payment, the following cancellation policies apply.
Cancellation made more than 60 days prior to trip departure: the deposit payment is held by Naya Traveler
Cancellation made less than 60 days prior to trip departure: 100% of total booking cost, inclusive of deposit, is held by Naya Traveler
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE TRIP?
All accommodations; some meals as specified in the detailed day-by-day itinerary documentation; English speaking guides; private sightseeing, except for shared excursions from safari camps/lodges, cruise vessels and trains or other exceptions, as noted in the itinerary documentation; park and entrance fees; arrival and departure transfers; local bottled water during sightseeing; All applicable tourism taxes at time of booking.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
Travel insurance; international airfare; domestic airfare unless otherwise noted; costs associated with obtaining passports or entry visas; reciprocity and other border fees; airport departure taxes; any and all baggage charges; all gratuities; meals other than those specified in the itinerary; beverages other than those noted in inclusions above or specified in the itinerary; any meals for your guide if you invite him/her to dine with you; sightseeing not included in the itinerary; personal expenses such as laundry, communication charges, Internet access; and optional activities (which are subject to availability).
WHAT ABOUT TRAVEL INSURANCE?
The purchase of travel insurance is not required in order to book a travel package offered by Naya Traveler. Employees of Naya Traveler are not qualified or authorized to: answer technical questions about benefits, exclusions, and conditions of any of the insurance offered, nor evaluate the adequacy of the prospective insured’s existing insurance coverage. Such insurance at a minimum should cover your losses sustained as a result of cancellation, medical issues, and repatriation in the event of accident or illness.
Certain countries have a requirement for foreign visitors to have valid medical insurance on entry. Naya Traveler cannot be held responsible for denied entry if a client is unable to provide details to authorities of insurance or denial of entry for any reason. If you choose to travel without adequate insurance cover, we will not be liable for any of your losses howsoever arising, in respect of which insurance cover would otherwise have been available.
WHAT ABOUT VISAS?
You and any children traveling with you must be in possession of a machine-readable passport valid for 6 months after your travel itinerary return date along with applicable visas. It is your sole responsibility to secure and/or pay for any and all visas, reciprocity fees, affidavits, immunizations, etc. that are required to be permitted entry into each destination. In some countries you may be subject to entry (reciprocity) fees and/or departure taxes/ exit fees which will be collected at the airports upon entry/departure by local government authorities.
For up-to-date detailed information on travel documents and visas, entry/exit taxes and further information on entry and exit requirements please check with your local consular services.